“I Didn’t Know That!”
I’m always surprised to hear this response from some of our most loyal guests when I tell them about how we prepare our seafood. They know our seafood is good, but they’ve never thought about what makes it so good. It’s really simple - we take great care in choosing ingredients and preparing your meal at Eat’n Park. Here are a few of the fun facts that have surprised my friends and family:
- Our fish sandwiches, including our famous “Whale of a Cod” and our new “Whitefish Sandwich,” are hand-breaded and fried in trans-fat free canola oil. Hand-breaded tastes better than processed!
- Our new Gulf Coast Spinach appetizer is prepared fresh! When I say fresh, I mean that it’s not shipped in or frozen, but is hand-mixed from the raw ingredients each day and baked fresh when you order it.
- Our Nantucket Cod, one of my favorites, is topped with an incredible seafood stuffing that’s homemade each morning. It’s fresh-baked and made to order, just for you. Our crab-stuffed cod also features our own homemade stuffing.
- We prepare our tuna salad fresh, from scratch, every day. We mix Starkist tuna with fresh green peppers, celery, onion, diced egg and mayo. It’s served on our six-grain bread, which we bake fresh each day in our restaurants. We then top it with melted cheddar cheese, lettuce, and tomato to make what we think is the best Tuna Melt Sandwich in town. Homemade tuna salad on fresh-baked bread is why it tastes so good.
- We take a lot of pride in the seafood we serve. For instance, we only serve wild-caught Alaskan Salmon. It’s higher in Omega 3 Acids (the good fat!) and lower in Mercury than farm-raised salmon.
So, now you know why our seafood items are so delicious! Don’t forget to stop in soon to try one of our seafood specials – they’ll be gone before you know it.