One way we’ve grown this initiative is by supporting local walks and runs in our communities and neighborhoods. We’ll provide sponsorship, send volunteers, or donate Smiley Cookies for an after race treat. Last year, we donated thousands of Smiley Cookies to hungry runners and walkers, because when you get up and active, you can occasionally enjoy a treat(in moderation of course).
Not only do these events get you moving, but they support great causes. In fact, there are too many to list them all here. But that’s also the beauty of it – any cause that your family or friends may be passionate about, there’s likely a run/walk that supports it. And with spring finally upon us, what better way to enjoy the weather?
|Some of our Cura team members at a Walk to End Alzheimer’s in Eastern PA|
Here’s just a sampling of some of the events happening around the area:
- Walk MS: Pittsburgh – April 21st
- Pittsburgh Kids Marathon – May 4th
- Dick’s Sporting Goods Pittsburgh Marathon – May 5th
- Rite Aid Cleveland Marathon Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey® Red Nose Children's Run – May 18th
- Girls on the Run Greater Summit – May 19th
- Girls on the Run Pittsburgh – May 19th
|The Eat’n Park Relay Team at the Pittsburgh Marathon|