In a mere five weeks, we raised...
This total is the highest in the history of Caring for Kids, and given the fact that this campaign has now been going strong for 34 years, that’s saying a lot!
No words can express our gratitude to all of the guests and team members who opened their wallets and their hearts for such a great cause. This campaign truly makes a difference in the lives of local children who are being treated at these hospitals.
The following hospitals benefited from this year’s campaign:
- Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh Of UPMC
- Akron Children’s Hospital of the Mahoning Valley
- Children’s Medical Center of Akron
- Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia
- Columbus Children’s Hospital Foundation
- DuBois Regional Medical Center
- Four Diamonds Fund at Penn State Hershey Medical Center
- Geisinger Health System
- Indiana Regional Medical Center
- Rainbow Babies and Children’s Hospital
- St. Vincent Health System
- University of Virginia Children’s Hospital
- West Virginia University Children’s Hospital
Of course, Caring for Kids wouldn’t be nearly so successful without the generous contributions of our partners. The Neighborhood Ford Store once again donated a car – a 2013 Ford Escape – to be raffled off to one lucky winner. Brendan Dawson of Cheswick, PA got a special holiday surprise on Wednesday when his ticket was drawn by a patient at the Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC. Congratulations, Brendan!
Other partners who made significant contributions to the campaign include:
• Sheetz, Inc.
• Nestle Professional Vitality
• Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
• KDKA Radio
Thank you for your support!